Trishul Siddharthan, MD
Trishul Siddharthan, MD, is a post-doctoral fellow in the Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Dr. Siddharthan completed his medical training and chief residency at Yale-New Haven Hospital, during which time he conducted clinical work and research in Uganda as a Johnson & Johnson Global Health Scholar and a Fulbright Scholar. He subsequently studied the epidemiology of chronic respiratory diseases in urban and rural settings of Uganda as a Fogarty Global Health Fellow. His research interests include the prevalence, management and economic burden of non-communicable diseases in low- and middle-income countries. Active sponsored investigations include estimating the prevalence of obstructive lung disease among urban and rural Ugandan populations, implementing novel, low-cost spirometry for the diagnosis of lung disease, and patient-centered approached to NCD management.
- Siddharthan T, Rabin T, Canavan ME, Nasal F, Kirchhoff P, Kalyesubula R, Coca S, Rastegar A, and Knauf F. Implementation of Patient-Centered Education for Chronic-Disease Management in Uganda: An Effectiveness Study. PLoS ONE (2016). 11(11): e0166411. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0166411
- Checkley W, Pollard SL, Siddharthan T, Babu GR, Thakur M, Miele CH, Van Schayck O. Managing threats to urban respiratory health in urban slums. Lancet Respir Med 2016; 4(11):852-4 PMID: 27760724
- Siddharthan T, Karakousis P, Checkley W. (2016). Empirical antifungal therapy in critically ill patients with sepsis: another case of less is more in the ICU. JAMA 2016; 316(15):1549-1550. PMID:27706463
- Grigsby M, Siddharthan T, Chowdhurry MAH, Siddiquee A, Rubinstein A, Sobrino E, Miranda JJ, Bernabe-Ortiz A, Alam D, Checkley W. Socioeconomic status and COPD among low- and middle-income countries. International Journal of Chorni Obstructucted Lung Disease. Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis. 2016 Oct 5;11:2497-2507. PMID: 27785006
- Siddharthan T, Nassali F, Kalyesubula R, Coca S, Rastegar A, Rabin T, Knauf F. (2016) An educational booklet for patient-centered health education about a non-communicable disease in low- and middle-income countries. The Lancet Global Health, 4, S25.
- Siddharthan T, North CM, Attia EF, Chrisitani DC, Checkley W, West TE. (2016). Global Health Edcuation in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Fellowships. Ann Am Thorac Soc. 2016 Jun;13(6):779-83. PMID: 26974557
- Siddharthan T, Ramaiya K, Yonga G, Mutungi G, Rabin T, List J, Kishore S, Schwartz J. Noncommunicable Diseases In East Africa: Assessing The Gaps In Care And Identifying Opportunities For Improvement. Health Aff, 2015 Sep;34(9):1506-13. PMID: 26355052